Interpretation of Workplace Health and Safety Legislation
The Queensland Workplace Health and Safety Regulation, in relation to Construction Work, sets out the requirements for workers, principal contractors, employers and/or the obligations of relevant person's.
The regulations also detail obligations for:
- Registrable Plant;
- Work Method Statements;
- Classes of High Risk Work, i.e. scaffolding work, rigging work, crane and hoist operation, forklift operation and pressure equipment operation (boiler operator);
- Prescribed Activities, i.e, demolition and asbestos removal;
- Workplace Health & Safety Officers;
- Hazardous Substances;
- Underground Services;
- Falling Objects;
- Amenities, i.e., lunchrooms, toilets and drinking water;
- Competent Persons;
- Working at Heights;
- First Aid; and
- Penalties for non-compliance.